Here’s what’s happening Today in the 914, according to Westchester Woman:
1.) The Westchester Parks Foundation, Whole Foods Market Westchester, Athleta Fitness Apparel, and Tovami Yoga have worked together to bring free outdoor yoga classes in Westchester Parks this summer.
Teachers from?Tovami Yoga will run the sunset yoga sessions, which are open to all levels and are a great introduction to all beginners. Here are some shots from the first event at the Kensico Dam on June 29:
I am truly excited to bring yoga to our beautiful parks here in Westchester, Tobi Kundid, owner/director of Tovami Yoga.This
is a great way to bring yoga to everyone and enjoy where we live.
Sunset Yoga in the Parks are on Wednesdays from 6:30 p.m. to 7:45 p.m. Here are the dates and locations:
- July 27: Rye Playland Beach, Rye, NY
- August 10: Rye Playland Beach, Rye, NY
- September 14: Tibbetts Brook Park, 355 Midland Avenue, Yonkers
To register and for more information, go to Sunset Yoga in the Parks, click here.?Need more of a reason to come? Here are five Tovami Yoga:
2.) Did you miss out on a chance to see some local fireworks displays? No worries! You can still check out the display at the Cross County Shopping Center on Wednesday, July 6, along with a concert by the Amish Outlaws.?The show starts at 7 p.m. and ends at 10 p.m.
You can get all the details here.
3.) Todays headlines:
- (lohud) Five High-Need Districts to Get More State Funding
- (lohud)?Harrison Quarry Project Faces Opposition
- (Westchester Magazine)?Westchester Has Beaches Too!
- (Westchester Magazine)?Super Foods Made Simple