Here’s what’s happening?Today in the 914,?according to Westchester Woman:
1.) Westchester women Judge Delores Scott Brathwaite and Mary Fox-Alter will?be honored during the Westchester County Board of Legislators’ Women’s History Month celebration on Monday, March 7 at 1:30 p.m. This year’s theme is “Women in Public Service.”
Read more about Brathwaite and Fox-Alter’s contributions below:
2.) Recent studies show that companies rake in the profits when they have?women in leadership roles,?yet may not be getting paid as much as men for their efforts. So, where do women stand when it comes to equality in the workplace?
Author Carol Evans, who is the President emeritus and founder of Working Mother Media, will?explore gender equality in the workplace during LoHud’s next Influencers Speakers Series titled “Women at Work: How are U.S. Women Doing and What’s Next for Gender Equality?”
The event is on March 16 and tickets are $12 in advance and $15 at the door.?Get the details and purchase your tickets by clicking below:
3.) Want to produce natural honey right from your home? Bee a beekeeper. Hilltop Hanover Farm and Environmental Center in Yorktown Heights is hosting a six-class program with local beekeeper Regina Blakeslee from Hudson Valley Beekeeper to teach you?how to start your hive, care for it, extract honey and things you can do with honey once you harvest it.
Classes start on Saturday, March 5 and cost $22.50 per class for members and $25 for non-members. It’s $112.5- for all six classes for members and $125 for non-members.
- (LoHud)?Report: Bird Poop to Blame for Indian Point Shutdown
- (White Plains Daily Voice)?White Plains Celebrates St. Patrick’s Day With Parade
- (Westchester Magazine)?ArtsWestchester Celebrates The County’s Cultural Contributions
- (White Plains Patch)?AG: Mount Vernon PD Did Not Cause Death of Woman in Custody
- (LoHud)?Anti-Meth Bills Get Senate Approval
- (LoHud)?Yonkers Installs First Solar+Wind Streetlight