Its budget season in Westchester County folks! Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino is proposing a $1.8 billion budget for 2016 that does not include a tax increase.
Here’s a video overview of the budget:
You can find more info on the?budget and how your tax dollars get spent here:
- Budget summary
- 2016 proposed operating
- 2016 proposed capital
- 2016 proposed special districts
- How the budget process works
Here’s what Astorino had to say about his proposal:
Though the budget doesn’t carry a tax increase, it does cut programming and services. ArtsWestchester is asking residents to speak out against a 20 percent cut to funding for arts by signing a petition that can be found here.
County Legislator Catherine Parker passed along the public hearing schedule.?Have?your say on the County’s budget by attending a hearing:
- Nov. 19 – Yonkers Public School 30, 30 Nevada Place, Yonkers, NY
- Nov. 24?– Horace Greeley High School, 70 Roaring Brook Road, Chappaqua, NY
- Dec. 9?– BOL Chamber, 148 Martine Avenue, 8th Floor, White Plains, NY
The hearings start at 7 p.m. and doors open at 6 p.m. The way it works is you’ll get a speaker card at 6:15 p.m. and will have 3 minutes to talk. You can also submit a written statement in advance to be included in the record.