Here’s what’s happening Today in the 914, according to Westchester Woman:
1.) If you take the Bronx River Parkway during the day,?make sure to plan an alternate route for today and tomorrow because northbound access to the parkway will be closed so that concrete barriers can be installed. The parkway will be shut down?on Wednesday, Dec. 9?and Thursday, Dec. 10 from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. from the Sprain Brook Parkway to Exit 22 for the Westchester County Center.
Here’s are the details:
- There will be no access from the six lane portion of the NB Bronx River Parkway to the four lane portion of the NB Bronx River Parkway at the Sprain Brook Parkway
- All traffic will be diverted onto the Sprain Brook Parkway and then Central Park Avenue (NY 100) all the way to White Plains
- NB BRP will be accessible to local traffic at the following locations (between the Sprain Brook Parkway and Harney Road) at all times
- Entrances from Paxton Ave, Elm Street, Scarsdale Road, Thompson Street and Leewood Drive will be open
- All NB traffic will be diverted at Harney Road to Scarsdale Avenue and East Parkway, reentering the NB BRP at Crane Road
- The NB BRP will be open to traffic at Crane Road and all points north
Have more questions? Call the?Westchester County Traffic Engineering Division at (914) 995-2555.
2.) If you’re a woman, then you’ve most likely heard at least of one of the phrases or questions in Huffington Post’s video, “48 Things Women Hear in a Lifetime (That Men Just Don’t).” The video highlights the often mixed and subtle messages society gives women and girls throughout their lifetime on how they are expected to conduct themselves?even though?these things are?not said to men and boys. Read Huffington Post’s full article here, and check out the video below:
48 Things Women Hear In A Lifetime (That Men Just Don’t)Watch 80 years of subtle sexism in under two minutes.
Posted by HuffPost Women on Tuesday, December 8, 2015
(Thanks to Westchester Women’s Agenda for posting the video on the their Facebook page where we saw first it.)
3.) Today’s headlines: