When It’s Time to Just Buy New Pants; Endurance of the Female Spirit at ArtsWestchester
(This post was originally published on March 31, 2016)
Here’s what’s happening Today in the 914, according to Westchester Woman:
1.) That moment when you finally give up that idea of perfection in your head and just accept and love yourself as you are:
Marisa Iallonardo perfectly pinpoints this moment in her blog, 150 and Here, when she decided it was time to just buy some new pants instead of trying to fit into the old ones.
Check it out:
On Buying New Pants
A few weeks ago, my cousin Miriam and I were shopping. I pushed Luca in the stroller as we walked into a store, making our way past a rack of multi-colored shirts, a wall of spring scarves, a table of perfectly folded patterned pants.
2.) As they say in the opening credits of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt:
Listen to the stories of artists Bettina “Poet Gold” Wilkerson, Bibiana Huang Matheis, Elisa Pritzker, Flora Viale, Magogodi Makhene, Mimi Czajka Graminski, Nalini Rau and Sarah Stern share their stories on the perseverance, strength, and wisdom of the female spirit on Saturday in White Plains.
ArtsWestchester’s Art Exchange will host the Her Stories event from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. The event is a part of their Spring exhibit SHE: Deconstructing the Female Identity.
3.) Today’s headlines:
- (Lohud) Medical Marijuana Dispensary to Open in Yonkers
- (Daily Voice) Yonkers Business Opens Adult Day Habilitation Facility In Mount Vernon
- (Patch) Answer a Question, Help Plan White Plains’ Transit District
- (Daily Voice) College of New Rochelle Signs Articulation Agreement with WCC
- (Daily Voice) Yonkers Approves New Arts And Industry District