Here’s what’s happening today in the 914:
1.) Tuesday, Nov. 3?is election Day in Westchester and on the ballot you’ll find a referendum asking voters to approve or disapprove a measure that would give the Westchester Board of Legislators and the public more time to review the County budget before a vote goes through.
To accomplish this, the referendum would change the dates that the County Executive has to submit the capital budget to the BOL from Nov. 15 to Oct. 10, and the the operating budget from Nov. 15 to Nov. 10. Get more info here.
This is the first time a referendum has been put on the ballot in 15 years.
2.) Want to hang out with Eileen Fisher, Westchester’s eco-friendly fashion designer and champion of sustainability? Well, she wants to hang out with you!
Join me and my favorite five teachers for a series of live-changing workshops.
I look forward to welcoming you.”
Eileen Fisher hosts a series of events at her Learning Lab in Irvington, which she describes as “a place to try on new ways of being.”
- The drinking dead: Peekskill Zombie Bar Crawl returns
- Outpouring of support after vandalism at Sleepy Hollow Cemetery
- White Plains Firefighters Set Westchester Ablaze With Healthy Cookies
- The Most Popular Halloween Candies In Westchester Are…
- Peak Fall Colors AreFinallyArriving In Westchester This Weekend
- White Plains Native Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook Founder, Opening School