Here’s what’s happening Today in the 914, according to Westchester Woman:
1.) Mother’s Day is Sunday, May 8. Are you still stumped about what to do for Mother’s Day? Westchester websites have your answers on what to get mom and where to take her for a lovely day out.
We pulled them all together so you don’t have to! Here’s what we found:
- OpenTable.com’s List of Mother’s Day Restaurants in Westchester/Hudson Valley
- Mother Daughter Tea Time at ArtsWestchester
- Mother‘s Day Mother-Daughter Yoga and Creativity with Sherri Snyder-Roche, MA Psychotherapy, LMHC
- Mothers Day Baking Class
2.) Two Westchester sisters were at a bar this weekend to save lives. The Flood Sisters Kidney Foundation of America held a fund raiser at Lucy’s Lounge in Pleasantville?on Friday to help raise funds, awareness and to find donors.
The sisters started the foundation in 2007 after finding a kidney donor for their father on Craigslist. Since then, they have helped?about seven people find donor matches within a few months to a year.
- (Daily Voice) My Sister’s Place Helps Westchester Women With Domestic Abuse
- ?(Daily News)?Plymouth Barracuda Worth $1.4M Stolen From Manhattan Club Owners Westchester Home?
- (Patch)?2 Hudson Valley Brothers Receive Bronze Stars for Army Service
- (Daily Voice) Powder-Filled Letter Opened By Westchester Intern Alarms Trump’s Staff