1.) Cheers to drinking local on National American Beer Day!?We’re very lucky to have amazing American brews right here in Westchester, so grab a local craft beer today and celebrate.
Here are Westchester’s brewers:
- Captain Lawrence Brewery, Elmsford
- Broken Bow Brewery, Tuckahoe
- Yonkers Brewery, Yonkers
- Peekskill Brewery, Peekskill
— Wine & Food Festival (@WMWineandFood) September 28, 2015
2.) For?decades, on any given day in White Plains you’d could find a slew navy stripped skirts crossing over Broadway and heading in various directions. You’d spot these “skirts” at The Westchester, the Westchester Pavilion, The Galleria or the train station.
Milmur, the writer of the blog?Milimurous: The Adventures of MilyMurrary, remembers “following the skirts” to find her way from the train station to her school, the Academy of Our Lady of?Good Council.
She wonders if she’s the only one who has noticed the absence?of skirts in the city’s downtown since the girls high school graduated its last class in June. Is she?
You can give Milmur’s blog a read here.
3.) Here are today’s headlines:
- New York City Homeless Population Nears 60,000, Over 40% Are Children Report
- Brewster Woman Reunites With Hero Guide Dog Figo Who Saved Her Life
- White Plains Library Gets Anonymous $1 Million Gift
- Environmental and Human?Advocacy Equals Success for Local Business
- Friends Of Karen Presents Comedy Night Benefit In White Plains