Here’s what’s happening today, Feb. 1 in the 914,?according to Westchester Woman:
1.) Did you hear that Batman is hosting the ultimate Mardi Gras party at Yonkers Brewing Co.!?! It’s been all over the news…?News 13 recently caught up with the Dark Knight, whose actually a co-founder at Yonkers Brewing Co., for an interview.
Check it out :
This is weird… and we love it. These guys look like they know to party so you won’t want to miss their Mardi Gras shindig on Feb. 6 from 10 a.m. to midnight. There will be lots of New Orleans fare, music and of course beer.
2.) Was your home, apartment or business damaged or destroyed in Superstorm Sandy? You still have time to file for a low-interest disaster to loan. Westchester County Legislator MaryJane Shimsky recently passed along info on the deadline extension for physical damage and economic injury losses, which ends on Dec. 1, 2016.
Businesses and private non-profits can borrow up to $2 million to repair or replace disaster damaged real estate, machinery, equipment, inventory and other assets. Homeowners can get up to $200,000 to repair or replace real estate. Homeowners and renter can also get up to $40,000 for damaged or destroyed personal property.
- (Daily Voice)?New York Offering Free Tax Assistance at 85 Sites Across State
- (Lohud)?Sing Sing, State Police Tops in Local State Salaries
- (Daily Voice) Westchester?Will See Temperatures Soar Into The 50s This Week
- (Lohud)?Mt. Vernon Ex-Mayor’s Allies Get Big Payout
- (Daily Voice)??First Substance Abuse Disorder Clubhouses For Teens Coming To New York
- (Westchester Magazine)?Why It’s Impossible To Find Affordable Tickets To Your Favorite Shows
- (Daily Voice)?New York Ranks Among Worst States To Retire