Here’s what’s happening?Today in the 914,?according to Westchester Woman:
1.) What will Westchester’s future look like? Though none of us can be 100 percent sure, you can have your hand at shaping it.
According to Westchester Magazine, Westchester’s “new economy” includes innovative hubs, renewable growth, clever urban design and planning, the development of our workforce and Millennial-friendly housing.
Westchester County Association (WCA) will host a seminar to determine how the county should meet those goals at their “Westchester: County of Tomorrow” event on April 29 from 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Renaissance Westchester Hotel in West Harrison.
Get the details on the event in Westchester Magazine:
2.) Legislators like New York’s Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand fought to have the 9/11 World Trade Center Health Program extended, and now individuals who may have been sickened during 9/11 can apply to qualify for the program for treatment and monitoring.
You don’t have to have been a first responder to qualify. If you were in the proximity of any of the tragedies, you may qualify. ?Let Jon Feal, President of the FealGood Foundation, and?Jon Stewart tell you the details below:
- (LoHud) White Plains, Cops Seek Dismissal of Chamberlain Wrongful Death Suit
- (White Plains Patch) Freshii Opens in White Plains
- (LoHud)?Lawyer: Evidence Shows Skakel’s Brother Committed Murder
- (White Plains Daily Voice)?TransCare Cuts White Plains Ambulance Service After Declaring Bankruptcy
- (LoHud)?Enriching Lives on Fast Food Wages
- (Westchester Magazine)?Where You Can Adopt Or Foster A Dog In Westchester