Here’s what’s happening Today in the 914, according to Westchester Woman:
1.) Bonnie Rogers of Bonnie’s Herbals will teach you how to make natural medicine for health and wellness using herbs during an eight class session at Hilltop Hanover Farm in Yorktown Heights.
You’ll learn how to identify edible weeds; what they’re benefits are; as well as how to prepare and use them such as how to make remedies for stress and anxiety, organic skin cream and more.
Classes are on Saturdays from 10 a.m. to noon and cost $30 for Friends of Hilltop Hanover Farm and $40 for non-members.
2.) This week you’ll have the chance to enjoy culinary masterpieces from Westchester’s award winning restaurants without having to spend big bucks. Hudson Valley Restaurant Week starts today and runs through March 20, where participating restaurants will offer three course meals at $20.95 for lunch and $29.95 for dinner.
Click below for restaurants that are open on Mondays and participating restaurants in your town:
3.) Today’s headlines:
- (White Plains Patch) Jury Duty Phone Scam Threatens Arrest if Fine Not Paid
- (LoHud) SUNY Purchase Students Protest Tuition Hikes
- (White Plains Daily Voice) White Plains High School Student Receives $20K Scholarship
- (Westchester Magazine) 7 Best Bets For Hudson Valley Restaurant Week
- (White Plains Daily Voice) Rappers Celebrate Hometown White Plains At Concert