Here’s what’s happening today, Jan. 11, in the 914 according to Westchester Woman:
1.) January is Human Trafficking Awareness Month and My Sister’s Place will shine a light on modern day sex and labor slavery, which occurs even here in Westchester. There discussion will take place?via Twitter Chat on Tuesday, Jan. 26 at 12 p.m.
Remember to use the hashtag #MSPCares during the live tweet. Click below for more information on the President’s recent initiative to end human trafficking.
2.) Though New York is generally a progressive state when you consider other parts of the country,?the state still hasn’t achieved full economic equality for women. 914 Inc. tells us that women in New York still only receive $.87 for every $1 a make makes.?
3.) Today’s headlines:
- Yonkers Waterfront Projects Face Tough Road
- Westchester Restaurant to Eliminate Tipping
- Saw Mill Multiplex to Close; Audi Dealership on Tap
- State Investigates Plan To Move Seniors Out Of White Plains Housing Site
- County Jail Mass Sparks Exchange Between NY Civil Liberties Union, Astorino
- Fox’s Lis Wiehl On Her New Cable Industry Novel, Life In Larchmont, And Trump
In case you missed it…