Here’s what’s happening Today in the 914, according to Westchester Woman:
1.) Happy International Women’s Day! Today women across the planet will celebrate the social, economic, cultural, political and everyday achievements of women.
Here are some of Westchester’s most powerful women:
You can read more about the amazing feats of Westchester women here in our Spotlight on Westchester Women section.
This year’s International Woman’s Day theme is Pledge for Parity. You can take the pledge below and read about the history of International Women’s Day and the celebratory events happening around the world at: internationalwomensday.com.
2.) It’s also National Pancake Day, which means IHOP will be offering a free short stack of buttermilk pancakes from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
In exchange, patrons are asked to make a donation the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals. They hope to raise $3.5 million for charity.
Here are the participating Westchester locations:
- 28 S. Central Ave., Hartsdale
- 2620 Central Park Ave., Yonkers
- 1375 Boston Post Rd., Larchmont
3.) Today’s headlines:
- (Westchester Magazine) The 3 Best Westchester Companies For Women
- (LoHud) Police: 10-Year-Old Spring Valley Girl Missing
- (White Plains Daily Voice) Police Seek ‘Flasher’ Suspect Who Disrobed At Maria Regina High School
- (LoHud) Weather: Hints of Spring Expected This Week
- (Westchester Magazine) Croton-Harmon Schools Block Yik Yak To Fight Anonymous Bullying
- (LoHud) Former Scarsdale Swim Teacher Charged in Child-Porn Case
- (LoHud) Westchester May Further Negotiate Indian Point Tax Deal